The fast food restaurant that answered my Californian burger dreams – In n Out Burger. A simplistic menu made to perfection with juicy meat patties, fresh cut potato fries, and cool, refreshing shakes & soft drinks.
We thought we had it all figured out, and we were stoked to be at the burger joint that is envied by many back in Sydney. But we soon discovered there is much more to this yellow, red and white slice of heaven than meets the eye.
We spent the first few days in California as naive tourists, ordering off the standard menu of three different burgers, fries and three shake flavours. Unbeknownst to us, we were just scratching the surface of the full potential In n Out Burger had to offer.
There is a whole “secret menu” to be uncovered (thank you to our legendary Uber driver).
The standard secret menu us listed on their website, but there are also MORE secret menu items.
– Protein Style: A regular burger without the bun, wrapped in lettuce.
– The Scooby Snack: A single grilled patty.
– The Flying Dutchman: Includes two slices of cheese melted between meat patties.
– The Flying Dutchman Animal Style: Adds diced onions between the cheese.
– Grilled Cheese: Cheese between two toasted buns.
– Cheesy Wiki: Three slices of cheese with four slices of tomato on a double toasted bun.
– Wish Burger: A toasted burger with lettuce and tomato, you can add the usual onions, spread, and pickles.
– Animal Style Fries: Regular fries covered in sauce, onions and cheese
– Cheese Fries: Regular fries covered in cheese
– Neapolitan Shake: A mix of Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla shakes
I would highly recommend trying the animal style fries, even if it is only once in your lifetime, it’s definitely worth giving them a go.
Please don’t do what we did and waste precious In n Out burger time ordering off of the standard menu. Take the plunge into something more exciting and order off of the secret menu!
Did I miss any? Let me know which one of the secret menu items are your favourite!